Friday, November 6, 2009

My Best Possible Future

Nods to K for the idea :)

My best possible future would be one in which I live in a small cottage within sight, sound and smell of the mountains, forests and ocean (yes, Maine is one of my favorite places). I'm able to make a comfortable living from my writing - not necessarily millions, but enough to keep the roof over the head, food on the table, kibble in the cat dishes and books on the shelves. My son will grow up in a wholesome atmosphere and become a man who stands up for what's right and just, and not just accept the status quo but work to change those things that need to be changed. There will be time to work on hobbies, evenings spent with family and friends and quiet times spent listening to the waves hitting the shore. I must admit, I'm not one for travel - home is the best place on earth and with such a home as I hope to have some day, I can't imagine wanting to ever leave.

3 comments:

Archaeogoddess said...

Oh, a place like that would make me happy! But I think I'd be in the Pacific Northwest. Either that or somewhere in Arizona.

I know, ocean, mountains, forrest or desert... It's in winter that I hanker for the desert and in summer I think WOOD OCEAN MOUNTAINS NOW!!

Donna said...

Oh, that sounds lovely!! I actually live in New England and I just mentioned on my blog about how I'd love to be able to escape to a small cottage in a warmer climate for the months of January, February, and March! But for the rest of the year, I'm right there with you up in Maine! ha ha... Donna

marcinsen said...

Hej American Girl. I so share your dreams. A ctually I already got a small piece of land in mountains, now I have to get enough money to build a cottage, and I can finally finish the book of mine (and I got stuck almost a year ago with a first draft).
To be free, independent and creative, far away from that struggle for survival.
Good luck with that, I hope you'll make it:)